Religious School - Temple Shalom of the South Bay
Click here for the current religious school calendar.
A religious education is an incredible opportunity, wherein our students can explore their Jewish heritage, traditions, and history in a welcoming, progressive, experiential environment.
At Temple Shalom of the South Bay Religious School, our goal is simple: We want our students to acquire an appreciation for and pride in their Jewish heritage, creating a connection that will carry over into their adult lives. We hope to engage their sense of identity by capturing their imaginations.
Our classes are participatory, intriguing, and stimulating for our students, and we maintain a relaxed and positive atmosphere. Through multi-sensory and hands-on lessons, students truly experience their tradition. Interactive discussions and projects create a lively classroom experience in which each child has a platform to share her or his opinions and ask questions.
At TSSB, we help students to:
- Develop a love of Judaism and pride in Jewish heritage
- Contribute to the community (both within the Temple and through social action)
- Achieve Hebrew and prayer literacy
- Extend their knowledge of Jewish history
- Gain familiarity with Jewish holidays and traditions
- Foster an appreciation of and connection to klal Yisrael (all Jews) and the State of Israel
We are also immensely proud of our bnai mitzvah program, in which students learn to read from the Torah, lead in prayer, and become participating members of our Jewish community.
For more information about our religious school and/or bnai mitzvah program, please contact Rebeccah Birken Yussman, our Director of Education, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 310-613-3855.